Health & Nutrition


Federal program that supplements diets of income eligible participants by providing them with emergency food and nutrition assistance at no cost.
Michigan Benefits Access
Assistance in signing up for State benefits you may be eligible for, including SNAP, LIHEAP, TANF, child care subsidies, SCHIP, Medicaid, and EITC.
Shared Harvest Pantry (Livingston County only)
In partnership with Gleaners Community Food Bank, we provide food assistance to individuals and families.

The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) and Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP) are distributed through Shared Harvest Pantry.
Summer Food Service Program - Summer Lunch/Meet Up & Eat Up (Oakland County)
Provides a nutritious breakfast and/or lunch to youth in churches, parks, schools and recreation centers in and around Pontiac.
Nutritional support, education, and medical screening for pregnant women and very young children.


Maternal Child Health Advocate (Oakland County only)
Provides in-home comprehensive support, referrals and pregnancy and child development information to pregnant women and children ages zero to three. Childbirth education and support groups available.
Michigan Benefits Access
Assistance in signing up for State benefits you may be eligible for, including SNAP, LIHEAP, TANF, child care subsidies, SCHIP, and Medicaid.
Referral Programs
Get connected to available programs, educational opportunities, or services to meet your needs. If needs cannot be met at OLHSA, you will receive a warm connection to local agencies for help.
Resource Advocacy
Provides assistance filling out Medicare and Medicaid applications. Offers information on OLHSA's comprehensive services and refers older adults to services in the community not provided through OLHSA.

HIV Services

Please contact for HIV Health program supports in:

Helps clients access benefits and services. Life skills classes are offered.
Early Intervention Services
Connecting newly diagnosed individuals and those who have fallen out of care to primary care & support services.
Nutritional Support
Low-income clients receive monthly, or bi-monthly, vouchers to purchase food and personal care items.
Medical Nutritional Therapy - registered dieticians provide nutritional counseling, assessments, information, vitamins, and supplements.
Housing Assistance
Provides assistance with first month's rent & security deposit, rent, mortgage, and utility payments.
In-home Support for Medically Fragile
Offers light housekeeping, laundry, personal care, errands, and meal preparation.
Helps clients access medical and support services throughout the community.

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement | Food and Nutrition Service

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202)720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866)632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:
        1. mail:    U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights,
                          1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
         2. fax:      (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
         3. email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.