As featured on My TV 20: Affordable Assistance gives tips on how to keep water out of your basement in the winter and how to get rid of ice on your roof
Tips to keep water from leaking into your basement:
- Shovel snow that piles up against the side of your house at least 5 to 6 feet away from your house.
- In the Spring, try to slope the dirt or soil away from your house. This prevents water from pooling near the foundation and seeping into your basement.
Tips for getting rid of ice dams or ice buildup on your roof:
- Lay heating tape along the top of the ice dam, allow time to melt the ice - Just like you would wrap heating tape around your pipes in your house to keep them from freezing, you can also use it on your roof to melt ice.
- Fill the leg of a pair of nylon stockings/panty hose with calcium chloride. Lay the hose on the roof so it crosses the ice dam and hangs over the gutter. The calcium chloride will melt through the snow and ice and create a channel for water to flow down into the gutters or off the roof. This is the most effective process in removing ice dams.
- Do not use a torch or hair dryer to melt the ice, this can be very dangerous.
- Do not use salt on your roof as it can be damaging.
Affordable Assistance is happy to help with snow and ice removal outside of your home or other outside needs you might have. At a cost afforable to you, an experienced professional can help evaluate your home and answer your questions. Please call 248.209.2675 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
About Affordable Assistance:
Let us tackle your to-do list
With everything from house cleaning, to yard work, lawn care, snow removal, handyman services, contractor services, and more, Affordable Assistance lets you do what you love – we do the rest.
Featuring reasonable prices, a trustworthy team, and an array of skills at your disposal, Affordable Assistance is what any homeowner, busy mom, or building manager needs to keep the shop running. Seniors can even hire us to help ease the burden of homeownership and stay in their homes longer.
Hire us: the best part
Anyone in the metro Detroit area can hire Affordable Assistance to complete projects large and small. Our rates are competetive and the best part is, revenue from Affordable Assistance helps fund nonprofit services at OLHSA, A Community Action Agency. The more work Affordable Assistance performs, the more people in-need OLHSA can help.
Request a quote: email@example.com or 248.209.2675.
Affordable Assistance launched in 2012, but we're not new to this gig. For more than 14 years, our experts have been helping seniors stay in their homes longer through a variety of services. With that as a foundation, Affordable Assistance has grown to offer nearly everything a homeowner or building manager needs for peace of mind.
Seasoned, reliable contractors and skilled, compassionate professionals can help with anything from scrubbing your floors to ripping those floors up and laying down something shiny and new.