Affordable, attractive homes
Venture makes an impact through:
Making homeownership attainable
Building new homes
High-quality home finishes
Venture, Inc. believes that homeownership should be a reality for Oakland and Livingston County residents of all income levels.
We build quality, energy-efficient, affordable homes mainly in Royal Oak Township and Pontiac, Mich. The homes are sold to persons of low to moderate income levels.
We match homebuyers to the right homes, facilitate home purchase, provide a list of lenders, and support homebuyers through down payment assistance (when eligible) and homeownership counseling.
Key partners include MSHDA, Oakland County Community and Home Improvement, Oakland County Treasurer’s office, City of Pontiac, Royal Oak Township, U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development, and more. We are always seeking new partnerships.
Venture, Inc. is a housing subsidiary of OLHSA, a non-profit Community Action Agency. It is a 501(c)(3) non-profit and a Community Housing Development Organization (CHDO). Venture is governed by a nine-member board of directors that includes local low-income residents.
Becoming a homeowner
The following is required:
- Homebuyer income at or below 80 percent of the area median income, according to Housing and Urban Development (HUD) standards.
- Michigan State Housing Development Authority (MSHDA) new homebuyer education course completed and certificate received.
- To locate the nearest Community Action Agency and sign up for the course, visit www.mshda.info/counseling_search/.
- Pre-approval letter from mortgage lender (we can help connect you with a lender).
- Completion of application and submission of all documents required by MSHDA and Oakland County. Contact us for the application and document list.
Once the above is complete, then...
- A HUD- and MSHDA-certified housing counselor reviews the submitted Venture application and discusses concerns with clients prior to submission to Oakland County.
- Oakland County analyzes all submitted documents and determines if the client is eligible for the Venture program and determines a corresponding subsidy amount
- If all goes well, you become a homeowner and our community grows!
For more information or to begin the homebuying process contact 248.209.2620 or firstname.lastname@example.org.