Mission Statement, Vision and Values
To empower families and communities to gain the knowledge, skills and resources needed to improve their quality of life.
In pursuit of this mission OLHSA will:
- Advocate on clients' behalf to provide more opportunities and fewer barriers.
- Provide educational and economic resources to increase client self-sufficiency.
- Help reduce the causes and effects of poverty.
- Foster citizen participation to initiate programs and improve existing services based upon local community needs.
OLHSA does its work through the Promise of Community Action: Community Action changes people’s lives, embodies the spirit of hope, improves communities, and makes America a better place to live. We care about the entire community, and we are dedicated to helping people help themselves and each other.
OLHSA is proud to be the Community Action Agency serving Oakland and Livingston Counties.
To break the cycle of poverty, reaching the day when all families and communities thrive.
- Compassion: Serving our clients with dignity, respect and care
- Progress: Pushing ourselves toward thoughtful, creative, long-term solutions
- Diversity: Embracing a wide array of viewpoints and possibilities
- Integrity: Doing the right thing in all we do
- Collaboration: Partnering with all who can help us help others
- Stewardship: Managing fiscal and programmatic resources responsibly and ethically
- Advocacy: Putting voice with action in pursuit of our vision