Mission Statement, Vision and Values
OLHSA, a Community Action Agency, through collaboration and partnership, empowers people in need of our assistance who live in the communities we serve, to gain the knowledge, skills, and resources to improve the quality of their lives.
In pursuit of this mission OLHSA will:
- Advocate on clients' behalf to provide more opportunities and fewer barriers.
- Provide educational and economic resources to increase client self-sufficiency.
- Help reduce the causes and effects of poverty.
- Foster citizen participation to initiate programs and improve existing services based upon local community needs.
OLHSA does its work through the Promise of Community Action: Community Action changes people’s lives, embodies the spirit of hope, improves communities, and makes America a better place to live. We care about the entire community, and we are dedicated to helping people help themselves and each other.
OLHSA is proud to be the Community Action Agency serving Oakland and Livingston Counties.
OLHSA, a Community Action Agency, will be a catalyst to improve the well being of the communities we serve by reducing the causes and effects of poverty.
- Partnership: Working in collaboration with clients, community partners, and funders toward achieving our mission.
- Service: Serving our clients and the community with dignity and respect while ensuring exceptional service.
- Stewardship: Managing resources responsibly and ethically to ensure accountability and sustainability.
- Volunteerism: Using our skills, knowledge, and resources to build community and change lives.