How to Enroll – What Parents Should Know
• A copy of your child's Birth Certificate
• Documentation of cash assistance or SSI benefits (if apllicable)
• Documentation of homelessness or foster care (if applicable)
• Income information for previous year: W2 or 1040
• Most current immunization record
• Proof of residency
• Insurance/Medicaid card
• Physical exam (A completed examination, including lead and hemoglobin screenings, signed and dated by a physician is REQUIRED for participation in Head Start)
• IEP/IFSP or disability documentation (if applicable)
Get Started Here
Early Head Start
Center based and home based options availbale for pregnant women and families with children ages birth to three years old that fall within federal poverty guidelines as documented with current proof of income as well as foster children and families with special needs children.
Head Start is a free pre-school program with part day and full day options available. Priority is given to families with income within the federal poverty guidelines, foster children or children with disabilities that are 3 or 4 years old. A child must turn 3 years old by December 1st of the current school year. A birth certificate and current proof of income such as an income tax return or proof of TANF or SSI benefits is needed.
Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP)
Families with children 4 years of age with certain risk factors. Documentation of risk factors must be provided.
Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
Low-income pregnant women or families with children up to age 5.