How to Enroll – What Parents Should Know
• Copy of your child's birth certificate (A copy can be ordered online at VitalCheck)
• Current record of your child's physical examination (A completed examination signed and dated by a physician is REQUIRED for participation in Head Start including annual TB tests and hemoglobin screenings) Download the Health Screening Form here.
• Child's up-to-date Immunization Record
• Current record of your child's dental examination (Including follow-up visits every six months)
• Proof of residency (driver’s license or I.D./utility bills from previous month/copy of lease agreement)
• Proof of income (W-2 from the previous year/Form 1040 from the previous year/FIA eligibility notice or letter from FIA/ Letter from employer)
Get Started Here
Early Head Start
Pregnant women and families with children ages from birth to three years old that fall within federal poverty guidelines as documented with current proof of income as well as families with Special Needs children.
Income must be within the Federal Poverty Guidelines as documented with a current proof of income such as income tax return with a child that will be 3 or 4 years old on or before December 1st of the current school year. Special consideration is given to children with disabilities.
Grandparents Raising Grandchildren (GRG)
Grandparents who are age 55 or older and raising grandchildren in Oakland County. Priority is given to lower income, minority seniors.
Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP)
Families with children 4 years of age with certain risk factors. Documentation of risk factors must be provided.
Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
Low-income pregnant women or families with children up to age 5.