Grandparents Raising Grandchildren
The Grandparents Raising Grandchildren (GRG) program provides free services to grandparents age 55 and older who are raising grandchildren in the Oakland County area. Program services include workshops, support groups, home visits and intergenerational activities.
• Workshops – GRG offers interactive seminars on a variety of important topics. These topics include: health and wellness, parenting, and legal issues.
• Support Groups – Support groups let grandparents meet others who are in a similar position and can relate to the ups and downs of their situation.
• Intergenerational Activities – Finding common points of interest with your grandchild can be difficult, GRG helps by providing events and activities that grandparents and grandchildren can enjoy together.
• Monthly E-mail Blasts – Registered grandparents will receive monthly e-mail blasts and mailings containing useful resources.
To sign up for the program or learn more information about it, please call 248.209.2622 or email the program at Lisag@olhsa.org.
• Must be an Oakland County resident
• Must be 55 years or older
• Please complete this form and mail to: OLHSA, Attn: Lisa Grodsky, Grandparents Raising Grandchildren, 196 Cesar E. Chavez Avenue, Pontiac, MI 48342
Generations United - Clearinghouse of information for grandparents raising children
AARP - Information on resources for raising grandchildren
Grandparents - Resources for grandparents including information on supporting healthy child development and tools for addressing some of the more common challenging situations when raising young children.